
I was amazed by the site http://www.web2teachingtools.com/. I found this site with Google Search, searching for "web 2.0 teaching tools". Web 2.0 Teaching Tools is easy to navigate and provides links, tool recommendations and how to use the tools in the classroom. The site focuses on developing effective communication skills, building strong team collaboration skills, recognizing the importance of creativity, developing critical thinking skills and developing information literacy skills with Web 2.0 tools. Tools recommended for communication are found at www.mixbook.com/, http://piclits.com/, and http://slideshare.net/. Collaboration skills are enhanced with Diigo found at http://diigo.com/. Creativity tools discussed are http://animoto.com/, http://bubbl.us/, http://glogster.com/, http://smilebox.com/, and http://wordle.net/. The website refines the teachers use of Web 2.0 tools to develop critical thinking skills at http://edorigami.wikispaces.com/Bloom, and uses Intel Visual Ranking tool, http://educate.intel.com/en/ThinkingTools/VisualRanking, to help develop critical thinking and brainstorming in students. Finally developing information literacy skills are discussed at the Wikipedia site http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPC-bNX9O_E, and tools for students are found at http://www.askkids.com/, and http://www.pebblego.com./.
I found the Intel site, VisualRanking, useable for students of many different ages, whereas some of the other web tools are more age specific.
Amazing find Dennis! It looks like we could spend a couple weeks just on your post, trying out the tools and testing them in our homes and classrooms. I look forward to exploring some more, especially because the hard part has already been done.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the research!