Monday, March 7, 2011

Mindtools for Learning

All of these great Mindtools are wonderful for learning. As far as rating them individually can be hard, all four of them are different. Each of them is unique which is what makes them interested. I had a hard time using Kidspiration and Inspiration. Kidspiration is a Mindtool designed for learners K-5 grade level and Inspiration is design for learners 6-12 grade level. I think that with more practice on these both Mindtools, one can have a very powerful teaching style in class, where students can interact in learning by using these amazing tools. Sometimes I envy the kids today because they have so many tools to help them learn and interact with each other. Is not just the teacher in the front of the room lecturing, those days may soon be over.

I found Xmind easier to use. Xmind is so easy to make different types of projects. I love it how it can go from a visual view to an outline view and vice versa. Easy to move clusters/clouds around it just give one so many options. I can see how this can be useful in the classroom when creating family trees, concept maps, and classification of any type of things or animals. It’s just mind-blowing how this Mindtool functions. Most important of all is that is FREE.

Continuing talking about free Mindtools, I don’t have the words to express what OpenOffice does. It’s like having all the Microsoft Office Suite products for FREE. The quality of the product, I must say is excellent. When I first saw this I was shocked and the first thing I thought to myself is this some type of “reverse engineering” or this company in trouble for having similar software to Microsoft. I sometimes wonder why we don’t hear of such great FREE opportunities. This could help millions of people that can’t afford to by Microsoft Office Suite or updates. I have briefly used the programs. But I would rank this product.

  1. Microsoft Office
  2. OpenOffice
  3. Microsoft Works

Give some more time and I will let you know how my ranking might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment