Sunday, March 27, 2011

Animoto and Prezi

Like Rachel posted, I'm also glad that we did Animoto as the 2.0 tool for our Prezi presentation.  After creating a sample presentation, I was once again reminded about how easy it was to use Animto.  More than that, I was reintroduced to the plethora of activities that it could be used for in the classroom.  My class is currently focusing on the American Revolution, in social studies.  Animoto could be used for quick presentation on the major players, causes of, results, and many other topics that I am looking to discuss in class.  Cause and effect, plot, and other reading materials can always be used in a presentation or lesson.  As shown in the Prezi presentation, science principles can be easily put together and presented to the class in a nonverbal, creative manner.  I'm looking forward to using Animoto in the classroom, as soon as I get it approved with parents and the tech people at school.

Prezi was an exciting tool as well!  I watched an amazing example in which words and pictures zoomed in and out, with ease and clarity.  I was overwhelmed and went into "Just do it and hope for the best" mode.  However, once the presentation started to come along, I found Prezi really easy to use.  I love the concept, moving from one idea to another in an easy, distinct manner.  This could be used to plan writing, storyboard concepts, present group ideas (connecting concepts), showing cause and effect, reinterpreting stories, and so much more.  I was impressed with all the avenues of presentation that Prezi provides.

The only issue I had with Prezi, that might not have been a problem for the rest of you, was the horrible ordeal of moving one item at a time.  I wanted to highlight an entire section and move it at once, but was not able to.  This was the one, frustrating detail in Prezi.

For our instructor's benefit, and to reiterate how much I appreciate this team, we put together a terrific presentation.  Through email and the blog, our teamwork was outstanding.  At the beginning, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to collaborate without getting together or constantly calling each other.  That was not the case.  We communicated our ideas and thoughts, worked together to brainstorm and edit ideas, and continuously verified the project, as individuals and a group.  If we did this, on one project, wouldn't our kids do the same?  What an amazing opportunity.

Finally, I wanted to agree with Daniel!  I would love to see this blog used for more than just the assignments.  If we have an interesting experience at school or in class, blog it!  If there is a problem that you can't solve, blog it!  This blog is a great tool for communicating and I look forward to learning more about your unique experiences.

Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Eldon. I enjoyed this post and found that our issues with Prezi were about the same. When I made my post after you set up the grid I wondered whether I was on target with my contribution, but you made it work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete