It must be the mood I am in today (I have found the negative in just about everything), but I was disappointed by these tools! Don't get me wrong, if I would've checked these out just eight weeks ago, I would've said I LOVE THESE TOOLS! However, this semester I have learned about a ton of tools that do the same thing....for FREE! I can't argue that there are free tools for every aspect of these programs, but with the current budgetary issues facing education, I am thinking there are tools that come close!
I just tried to post a comment, and it didn't go through. Rather than posting the same, long post, I'll make it short and sweet.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you! At first, I was really impressed with the new technology, but as we download more programs that function in similar manners, I get underwhelmed with the material.
My program of choice is still Kidspiration, and apparently my school district has some licenses to it already, which is exciting. Openoffice wouldn't download, as Malware was detected, and XMind was, in my opinion, a harder to use version of Inspiration and Kidspiration. Even the basic program of SmartDraw was easier to use.
We will get to new information at some point, hopefully soon.