At first I thought it was going to be difficult to communicate with everyone in the group. However, it was quite the opposite, everyone was giving feedback on the project. Animoto was a great selection to use four our assignment, we all had used it before.
Animoto provides a multimedia experience. It is very easy to use and also to explain how to use it. In no more than five steps, one can create videos and even transfer them to YouTube. Also if one has pictures in places like Facebook, Flicker, Photobucket, Smugmug and Picasa, they can easily be transfer to Animoto and create different projects. The projects can range from biographies, field trips, digital storytelling, science projects and more.
A group of my ACE students used Prezi last year to show a project presentation for their CPD-Career Counseling Development class. It was just amazing it was related to water. At that time I had never heard of this Web 2.0 tool. All the students in the audience were just amazed just as I was. I think this tool opens the door to everyone, to be creative and pursue new things.
We welcome the non-linear teaching approach to presentations. This is probably not the end of PowerPoint, but simply another option. Prezi feels like is more realistic than PowerPoint, it feels like a more easily way to showcase examples and text references.
Great Job Team!!!
Nicely written Daniel. I think that we have a lot to learn from our students and peers as you shared in your post.
ReplyDelete